Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I Fold My Underwear

I love how, after doing all your laundry, everything is folded or hung up and it's all tucked away into its own special little place. Sometimes I am super good about putting my clothes away. I will make sure everything is perfectly neat and where it belongs. My shirts will be hung up and organized by style and color, my pants put away and in proper order, my underwear folded neatly and placed in little piles in a drawer.

Unfortunately, this order usually only lasts for a short time. All it takes is one hectic week for it to turn to chaos. If I'm lucky the clothes make it into the closet, some hung up, some folded, and others simply tossed in a pile. Often times though the clothes will be tossed in a corner for me to rifle through as needed. The dirty clothes, of course, get discarded on my bathroom floor to be forgotten.

The worst part of this chaos is what happens to my underwear. Instead of being neatly tucked away in cute little piles, they get strewn about in a jumble of colors and lace. Period panties mixed in with the sexy things. Bikinis, hiphuggers, and thongs swimming around together in total disarray. Soon even the socks start to become involved. At that point it is only a matter of time...

The socks are similar to prophets. Soon after their arrival in the chaos, I receive an epiphany. It is time, I think. I force myself to remain calm, and take a deep breath as I tackle the daunting task that lies ahead. First the dirty laundry gets scooped up and put through the wash. Then on to hanging up all the shirts, making sure they go in their proper order. Pants, dresses, pajamas, and workout clothes follow behind. Everything is put back where it belongs. Lastly the underwear drawer gets completely emptied. All the panties tumble out and lie in a heap on the floor. One by one the pairs get folded and put into piles. After the tiny piles are put away I can't help but be satisfied. Once again there is order.

2 comments:

Timmy said...

I have a whole shop of tools for you to organize! if you get board..

Melissa said...

It is these small but very important things that make life good.

m